Monday, November 03, 2008

My new N95 8GB!


I had to change my phone from HTC P3300...since it broke :( I had lot of options to choose from... I almost went for HTC touch Diamond. The only reason I did not buy HTC again is; I am not happy with there built quality and re-sale value in India. But if Sony ericsson's X1 was out..i would have got that. Anyways I got N95 8GB; reasons to choose them are:
a) 5 Mpix camera.
b) 8 GB drive :)
c) My budget
d) I have used symbian phones before, and it really has got a lot of 3rd party app's to choose from.

After using N95 from almost a month, following are the pro's and cons I could think off:
Pros:
a) Awesome built quality
b) Pretty good software bundle. I liked the Nokia multimedia converter..which converts most of the available video formats and stores on ur phone!!
c) Camera is quite good, I m not impressed with the Flash... but it is fine for a phone
d) Battery life is good.
e) Syncing the outlook calender/Contacts has been modified by Nokia, and I am quite impressed by it.
f) I found lot of useful apps..and themes as well


Cons:
a) I feel the device is quite slow.. defiantly needs more ram and a better processor.
b) Music playback on A2DP is pretty bad!! I really hate this part.
c) I have seen this device crash many times when using blue tooth modem :(
d) Does not charge on USB. I am not sure why Nokia is not getting this on there phones.
e) retail package does not include any games.
f) GPS is not so great.

No comments: